My Malibus Past and Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
As you know I work for PST as their Marketing Supervisor, but I have had a passion for Malibus since I was 17 yrs old. My first was 1978 with a built 350, 200r4 and posi. As you know a 17 yr old with a car like that I raised a lot of hell. I loved that car but at the time all I new was mechanical and no bodywork so the body went to pot. I sold it and promised myself I would get another. So 10 years later and married it was time to get another as I live 2 miles from Island dragway and it was killing me to wake up on a Sunday to the sound of test and tune outside. So the search started and I found this all orignal 1979 Malibu Classic 267 v8 center console car with 59,000 miles on the clock. The car is optioned a little odd it has bucket seat, remote trunk release and no a/c (go figure). The body is amazing with it still wearing the original paint and ZERO rust. My plan is to build a street legal car that I can run at the track when I feel like it. But nothing real crazy.

My Original 78 Malibu
78MALIBU.jpg

78MALIBUfront.jpg

The New 1979
jamesMalibu_DSC_0015.jpg

jamesMalibu_DSC_0020.jpg

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Very nice Malibu!!

I had one very similiarly optioned and in almost as nice of shape..but let it go a few years ago.... :blam:

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
O. D. Showtime said:
Very nice Malibu!!

I had one very similiarly optioned and in almost as nice of shape..but let it go a few years ago.... :blam:

Thanks !!!! I wasn't looking for this one it found me when I was on vacation. I couldn't be happier the only exterior changes I plan on are a cowl hood and possibly a rear spoiler.

Also if anyone knows where I can get a replacement center cap I would be greatful one came off this pass weekend and got run over before I could turn around I was so mad!!!

deso600

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2012
im jealous as hell cant find a good mali in california to save my *ss lol try opgi.com they may have what you looking for and lauren engineering has the spoiler for you

james@pst

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 31, 2012
Montville NJ
deso600 said:
im jealous as hell cant find a good mali in california to save my *ss lol try opgi.com they may have what you looking for and lauren engineering has the spoiler for you

Thanks for the info!!! I found this car accidentally on vacation and I didn't believe anything the man said on the phone on how "Rust Free" and then I get there and I am like WOW and I just have to had it. She is a great base to build one fun car.

Thanks
James

kipbu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2012
very sweet... keep your 79' Malibu on the streets... a very slight lift in front & sum' really nice custom wheels 8)

any updates ??? pics ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor