My own lil Devil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Rock Auto,nope. Dixie Restoration Depot only shows the ugly ET head style. NPD I think thats it,but they dont show the whole thing. OPGI only showed replacement glass? Ebay is where I found the used ones. Ive never had such a hard time finding something like this.

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
This is the style Im looking for new.
mirrors.jpg

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
Dixie monte carlo and Mikes monte both care the newer style mirrors. You can also look for third gen camaros and firebird and some caprices use that same kind of mirrors also.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The inner structure of the later doors are also slightly different to allow better access to the mirror mounting studs.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Awesome project. I am converting interior to black from maroon. I am kinda doing a retro motif on mine.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 7, 2017
It's going to require drilling new holes and getting the proper mirror gaskets....they're angled to fit the El Camino/ Malibu bodyline.
I am looking for the sport style mirrors for my El Camino. Do you still have a pair? If not do you know of any for sale?

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Dixie monte carlo and Mikes monte both care the newer style mirrors. You can also look for third gen camaros and firebird and some caprices use that same kind of mirrors also.
The Caprice ones are a bit bigger and have a different contour on the door angle. Not trying to sound like a smart @$$

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I am looking for the sport style mirrors for my El Camino. Do you still have a pair? If not do you know of any for sale?
Jack,
I don't have any sport mirrors for sale...sorry.
I would suggest placing a want ad on the forum's parts wanted section..I'm sure someone will respond.
Which mirrors are you looking for, the '86 and later, or the pre-'86 mirrors?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor