My stock 87 442 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
hell yeah....making some progress, I am glad we have no emmisions tests here, so No Cats 4 Me! I have been liking the 87 442 more & more lately, It is on my short list of the next car I am going to look for when the time comes! Glad to see one staying original! Keep up the good work!

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
Thanks! No emissiond testing here either. It just sounds better with cats. I just fixed my power antenna along with my ac heater vents so they actually blow out the vents. The vacuum switch was junk. Its been coming along quite well, few set backs here and there. I like it original for 2 reasons. I like it that way lol and i really enjoy just jumping in it and going without messing with crap lol. You just dont see many original 442s any more it gets lots of comments and looks and lots of tools always trying to race me when im casualy driving with my girlfriend and 2 yearold son in the back seat. People like to assume its fast haha. I have put 1500 miles on it since march when i put it back together

Intragration

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2012
Chicago
Very cool, glad to see you got it on the road and are enjoying it. It looks great.

JohnS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2011
Beautiful car!! I wish my 87 Brougham looked that good and was not in a million pieces.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
we had our first cruise night of the year last week, i just now got around to getting the pictures up, took a lot of mine :roll:
i dont have much time to post them all now but here are some

Attachments

• IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 599
  • IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 588
  • IMG_1407.JPG
    IMG_1407.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 588
  • IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 601
  • IMG_1438.JPG
    IMG_1438.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 589

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
the white car belongs to a guy who use to work with us from time to time when we were short handed, he was killed in a car accident in january on his way home from his other job. the car was in primer and was a long way from done when he was alive, after he passed his wife, friends and people he knew pitched in, did a frame off restore, and put hydraulics on it. its not quite finished yet but it was pretty amazing to see.

the gto is my boss's car

Attachments

• IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 600
  • IMG_1415.JPG
    IMG_1415.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 594

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
Its been put away for about a month now.... finally decided to put a car cover on it yesterday. As I was struggling with the thing to put it on I notice some fluid by the passenger side front tire. I took a peek and it turned out to be transmission fluid. Looks like it puked out a bit from the front seal. :roll: gives me a reason to quit putting off the transmission rebuild. Plans are this coming Sunday to pull it to my work and drop the transmission out of it and tuck her back into the garage for the winter. Then sometime take the transmission to someone who's good at tig welding and weld my chunk of the tail case I broke off back on :shock: after that's done, I'm sending it on its way down for a rebuild, I hate the drive but hes doing it for the price of parts so I can't pass it up. We will play the waiting game till spring time and then pull it back to my work and stuff the transmission back in it and get her road worthy again. Meanwhile I picked up some goodies, I picked up a new hood insulate pad, and the little piece that goes between the spare tire and the trunk floor to fill the gap, I plan on getting a trunk upholstery kit too but we will see what happens there.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
This thread is kind of dead, haven't said anything for a year. I seen a grand national with a newer gm cd player in it 95-02 radio I believe, I decided I am going to do the same thing to mine. I plan on tinting the windows this summer too, maybe a little exhaust work to fix my exhaust job that I am not to happy with, too many clamps, going to weld it up. Of course this all comes after I pull my engine again and fix the knock in cylinder 6. :roll: I think I got enough to keep me busy with it for a little while. Its been a good garage space limiter lately.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Car looks nice original. I got my tints done @ 'Shaded Days' in Northern Illinois just off rt 41 and highly recommend them. He can tint the whole car in 30-40 minutes as you watch w/ no ripples. He also has some really nice window blinds for the house in there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor