My wagon projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
Is that a '55 Plymouth? ..Man, those are extremely rare and very cool. I've seen '53-'54 Plymouth 2-dr wagons, but never a '55.
'56's are also kind of rare, but not as rare as a '55. A friend of mine had told me about a '57 2-dr wagon in a yard, but I wasn't really interested. This was years ago.
That one looks like it's pretty solid. I suppose a title wouldn't be too hard to acquire.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Jack, it is. Needs floor work, but he supposedly has them for it.

There is a way to get a title, kind of a hassle, but doable.

Worst part is the seller doesn't seem to be interested in actually providing any info to get it sold. Asked like 3 questions and his response was that it was too much to text....never mind that it was via email since he did'nt want to give up a phone number. Crazy, huh?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
He sounds like one of those eccentric nut cases. You might be better off focusing on the new truck rather than another project. You don't want to piss off the misses..I know how tempting it is. It's a classic case of gearhead's disease.. :lol:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
My line of reasoning to her was that these are hard to get...even if it just goes in the garage for a while, at least it's there

She's a good sport to put up with me all these years

Oh yeah, sorry for the hijack, Jeff

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Brian,
Your wife certainly sounds like a good sport and very understanding. My wife would throw me out and wouldn't understand why I needed another project. That is one of the coolest body styles out there, and that year Plymouth was so easy to customize.
Definitely much rarer and more unusual than your garden variety Nomad, Safari, or Ford Ranch wagon.
I'm sure Jeff is getting a kick out this thread so far. :lol: He's obviously addicted like the rest of us.

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That little flathead six sounds pretty good, Jeff.
How's the overall rust situation on the car...floors, doors, etc.?

jeff0547

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 13, 2009
Longroof79 said:
That little flathead six sounds pretty good, Jeff.
How's the overall rust situation on the car...floors, doors, etc.?

I'm going to have to crawl under the car to see. A PO welded a sheet of galvanized metal over what appears to be RUSTY floors. Here's a pic:

DSCN3011.jpg

One day really soon, I'll have the time to get started on it, but first things first.

@Paul,
Don't be scared of the interior. I'm hoping to drop it on a g-body or S-10 frame and also use the donor chassis floor and seats. Also, I'm a whiz at re-upholstering door panels.

Here's a link to my Photobucket page with all the pics & videos of this car.
:mrgreen:

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d165/ ... 1QQtppZZ20

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jeff,
Don't you love fixing other guys "hackery".? All in all, what you see is what you get. Other than the floor there's not too much that's hidden. I think that body would be awesome on a newer frame. Modern brakes, engine, and suspension..you can't beat that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor