Nascar Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
What? Lowered with 275s all around???

I guess you 're-shaped' the front wheelwells to turn the car. 275 or even 255/60s on 15x8 w/ 4" BS wheels wouldn't fit mine upfront... even with the stock 'nose up' springs in the front those rubbed.

The car had the front inner wheel wells removed. And I never said they didn't rub anywhere.;)

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Rubing the frame/swaybar at full lock is not a big deal. 32's might rub the body behind the tire, even after you cut away all of the inner fender (which would rub with a 28" tire)

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I would check out what mods the donk guys do (springs and body), because some of those cars have tire diameters over 32 inches.

S10 blazer parts in front might be something the donk guys use in front, because they are cheap and junkyards are full of them.

A donk is a car, not a style; 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprice/Impala only.

Both sets of my 26s are 31" overall diameter with tires.

To completely clear the frame, you need to lift the vehicle which I don't do. Give the guys at univeralcarlifts.com a shout.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
A donk is a car, not a style; 1971-1976 Chevrolet Caprice/Impala only.

...a Caprice/Impala with big wheels. I'm pretty sure Donk magazine doesn't feature any stock restored Impala's rolling on factory 14" wheels. If "Donk" actually was a '71-76 Impala an AACA restored '71 Impala surely be featured on the cover of "DONK MAGAZINE", no? Something that has happened never.

Its a style of car, not a car. Maybe the style of only Caprice/Impala's but it isn't like Donk magazine is the Caprice/Impala owners association publication and has stock restoration tips and can tell you what are the correct plug wires or oil filter or the correct factory tires, like a "Mustang" or "Camaro" magazine would.

That is why I said "donk guys" might know how to get large wheels to work. They would have the required skills that the caprice/Impala owners association lacks.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor