Need bumper chrome strips for an 81-88 Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am wondering if anyone is reproducing the small 3/8 in tall plastic chrome strips that go on the bumper covers of Cutlasses? I need a set but can't see spending the money the dealer wants ( or wanted) and seem to remember seeing them on E Bay a while back for a reasonable price ( Of course, I didn't have the money then).

1ofaknd

n00b
Aug 25, 2007
Here's what I used, and it looks great.

You can find it at pepboys, or online. You will need two packs to the the front and rear bumper.

As you can see, I chose to leave off the small u shaped trim pieces on the rear part. Instead I mitered the plastic trim to wrap around.

DSC00035-vi.jpg

DSC00039-vi.jpg

DSC00040-vi.jpg

IMG_3081-vi.jpg

IMG_3082-vi.jpg

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
thats what i used as well, same exact stuff, its easy as hell to do but the body work before doing it (sanding in the grooves) is a b*tch

1ofaknd

n00b
Aug 25, 2007
that's pretty overpriced. He's selling the same thing i posted. 40 dollars will do both front and rear bumpers (2 packs)

And you can score those little metal corners at the junkyard, but usually they are dull and need refinished anyway. The way i did the bumper posted above looks better if you ask me.

btw, i've got two extra sets of those little clips if anyone needs em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor