Need Cluster Harness Terminal

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
My 87 SS Harness Connector at the back of the gage cluster is bad. Does anyone have one with about 1 ft of wiring (uncut) that is will to sell? HELP!!!!!

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My 87 SS Harness Connector at the back of the gage cluster is bad. Does anyone have one with about 1 ft of wiring (uncut) that is will to sell? HELP!!!!!
Is it the terminals, connector or wires themselves? Ron Francis carries the you crimp it connector & terminals as a possibilty if there is none offered up.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Is it the terminals, connector or wires themselves? Ron Francis carries the you crimp it connector & terminals as a possibilty if there is none offered up.
HarnessConnector (2).jpg
My neighbor tells me there is an SS at the Pick n Pull that looks like mine in the rear. I'll be there bright and early tomorrow but usually people destroy everything to get only the part they need. Mine has two bottom tabs broken off of which one is the ground Pin 9 and also Pin 8 Right Turn Signal.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
View attachment 225077 My neighbor tells me there is an SS at the Pick n Pull that looks like mine in the rear. I'll be there bright and early tomorrow but usually people destroy everything to get only the part they need. Mine has two bottom tabs broken off of which one is the ground Pin 9 and also Pin 8 Right Turn Signal.
Then I'd grab it but when it comes time to swap the connector don't cut your wires. Get a very small flat head screw driver to depin & transfer the wires. The lock tabs will need to be reset to the locking position but it'll be as good as new. I'm not sure mut I might have an extra connector (minus the foot of wire) in my stash.

Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Then I'd grab it but when it comes time to swap the connector don't cut your wires. Get a very small flat head screw driver to depin & transfer the wires. The lock tabs will need to be reset to the locking position but it'll be as good as new. I'm not sure mut I might have an extra connector (minus the foot of wire) in my stash.
I am planning on repining my connector from another connector. Thanks for the possible offer of connectors.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Went to the pick n pull and an 88 SS was there. It must have hit a tree dead center, cause the frame is bent behind the wheels and the engine is sitting back into the firewall. Instrument panel is there but damage is so bad that it is impossible to get anything out without using big crow bar! Body shifted back and there are creases on the 1/4 panel along with bent roof. I couldn't see anything that was usable. I may go back and relook at it again, you never know what nuts/bolts can be salvaged.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor