CUTLASS Need DTVS (Distributor Thermal Vacuum Switch) Non California ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
Thanks to Red78, I got the DTVS from him, and now the vacuum hoses set up correctly. Car was still stalling, hot or cold, when giving the gas. Took it to the shop 2 days ago, but had the guy who has worked on my car at another shop not the guy who screwed this up, and he finds out the timing was off, and the idle was low. The mystery is why that happened when all they did was remove the intake and replace the gaskets. It was another mechanic and he was totally clueless on a simple repair. They tried to use my broken one and the middle port was broken. No way it was going to work if they busted all the ports on the switch.

Lastly, is there a book of part numbers that was put out by GM for 1978 for all cars? I think it would come handy when I need a part and I can reference the GM part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor