Need Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings from dirty Jersey Jeremy were you from? I got a carb for it that works but needs a rebuild

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Jeremy Davis

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2017
Eastern Kentucky
10lb or 2 5lb extinguishers handy and ready for initial crankup - TRUST ME.

There is a bunch of good advice here, so I'll offer up mine - lol. Evacuate the gas tank via siphon. Add 5-10 gallons of fresh gas. Unhook the coil/ignition. Install fresh/charged battery and crank it over and see how it sounds. Crank long enough to see if the idiot light for oil pressure goes out or oil pressure gauge needle moves. Hookup ignition and see what gives. Poor some (small amount) of gas in carb to see if it will fire - lather rinse and repeat until spits to a start.

Two people make this a much safer and quicker process remembering to keep one guy nearby a fire killing implement (extinguisher).

Maybe you already posted it and I missed it, but where are you located? I do understand sentimental value, but be realistic with performance goals of this 307. I'm truly sorry to hear about your Grandfather, it sounds like you were close - as it should be. Get it running, driving and cruising.

Greetings from dirty Jersey Jeremy were you from? I got a carb for it that works but needs a rebuild

I am located in eastern Kentucky. I never stated where I was located and apologize. I appreciate the advice and the carb offer. I just want to get the car running for now and don't plan on using the 307 for anything other than daily driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor