Need help from the pros - starter problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacfan18

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2009
The guy said it was for a SBC, and it fits the one I have mocked up but no numbers what-so-ever..so yeah idk if it's even meant for my application but it looks like (a cheap version) of other SBC mini's i've seen.

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
by the way I'm pretty sure 305s are externally balanced and 350s are internally balanced. meaning there should have been a weight on the 305 flex plate and that will through you balance way off on the 350

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
What kind of headers is on the 350? I used hedman and nothing would would work. I even called the guys at hedman they were useless. I think they had bad batch..I finally went with Dynomax everything fit correctly only thing is, you can only use an automatic with these. The clutch linkage will interfere. I went with the jegs kit and completed my dual exhaust..

With the Hedman Hedders the mini-strarter would ride against the header an get real then wouldn't start..real crappy design I even used a porta-power to try and push it away from the starter just little.

Flywheel is neutral balance and you should be good. Just have to know if its 153 Teeth (small) or 168 tooth (big) then get the correct starter..

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
M.Bailey said:
by the way I'm pretty sure 305s are externally balanced and 350s are internally balanced. meaning there should have been a weight on the 305 flex plate and that will through you balance way off on the 350

only sbc 400 are external balance all others are internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor