Need help installing viper 5904

Status
Not open for further replies.

jundog89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2014
Yea only morning starts would be the issue but during the day car starts fine without pumping the gas

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Don't wire the automatic start to the carb it's a huge rookie mistake. It's already been done repeatedly w/ the same poor results and same old story of 'i got stranded' somewhere b/c flooding. I would never put auto start unless I had EFI. I would consider just taping it off and saving yourself several annoying occasions where it most likely eventually does malfunction... It can also go off in your pocket causing annoying situations where you realize the car was turned on unintentionally such as if you drive the car to work and forget to remove the fob from your pocket! This caused a co-worker of mine to waste a lot of gas on a job I recently worked w/ we came out on a break and someone had bumped into his jacket in the break room so the car was idling in the parking lot while we worked for hours.

jundog89

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 20, 2014
I got it done, sucks that happened to your co worker but my alarm shuts off after 10 minutes of idling and the pager locks itself so u can't push a button by mistake. .. ill try it for a bit if I run into any problem ill just start cutting wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor