Need help With All GM parts only project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2008
I own a 1981 four door malibu and i love the car, even more since it is a four door. I love big cars and it is my pride and joy. I want to upgrade the car all over and use only gm parts. nothing aftermarket. i am looking to upgrade the brakes, suspension, body, drivetrain, and rear. I am basicly trying to build the car that gm could have made, a hoge poge of the best gm parts together in one ride. what i do not know is what parts from what cars fit on my year malibu. i have already planted in a nice small block 350 2 bolt main. i have a carb on it now but am planing on switching to a tpi set up . could people please start throwing at me what parts from what cars will fit .

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
8.5 inch rear end from a Grand National. Bigger front/rear sway bars, I think from Monte SS's, some Cutlass with handling packages. I am pretty sure that alot of front end parts are the same on S-10's. Im sure their is much more but I cant think of any more.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
SS steering box. Nicer, tighter then most G's. Posi, as mentioned earlier. Maybe some GTA Trans Am wheels or something. Sounds fun, good luck and keep us pic'd up. Oh yeah, and I believe SS's use the same gauge cluster? Maybe SS interior?

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
pretty much how i built my Monte.
gm 454 block
78 MC - th350 transmission
87 GN 8.5 rear and driveshaft
f-body steering box & front 36mm sway bar
s10 front coil springs, iroc camaro rear coils
C5 vette front 13" disc brakes
LS1 rear 12" disc brakes
85 GN hydroboost system
all of the varoious g-body frame braces

only parts aftermarket, not worth using stock GM parts are
front upper adjustable control arms
front lower tubular control arms
rear upper adjustable control arms
real lower tubular control arms
rear 1.375" sway bar
the entire motor is aftermarket except for the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor