Need Lite weight "stockish" looking seat options

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I would like to keep the interior of my new project "stockish" looking.

Don't know (yet) the weight of a stock Gbody bucket seat but would like lighter options.

Any of you guys that swapped s10 seat notice a weight difference.

Any other GM seats that would work. I can fab mounts if needed.

I am trying to aviod using the one piece poly seats I have now.

Evil_Regal

Apprentice
Sep 25, 2006
Philly, PA
I'm also considering all seat options for the regal now as well so i'm interested in the answer to this. Something that reclines preferably.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I went with Olds achieva buckets, not a huge weight difference, but definitly lighter, easier to find, multiple colors, and bolt directly to g-body seat tracks with no mods what so ever.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
We put some S-10 buckets in my buddies Buick.

They felt pretty light to me, though it's been a while since I've held a G-body bucket for comparison.

They're pretty comfortable too. Get some from a 2-dr Blazer so they recline/fold forward.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I already have buckets, just looking to lose some weight.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I've always liked those procar seats...

How about F-body seats??

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
The way it looks right now I’m going to be using 2 of the drivers seats from early G bodies with the split bench in my El Camino…….long story but I have the seats and I’m forced to convert to a floor shift so I’m going with buckets and factory console.

I’ve wrestled a lot of bucket seats around over the years and these are some of the lightest I’ve come across (added plus is you don’t even have to change the tracks the drivers side drops right down on the factory brackets). Only down side is the head rests are off centered but as I don’t really care about the headrests anyway I’ll just delete them when I have the seats reupholstered

83interior.jpg

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Didn't weigh them, but I'm also pretty sure the s-10 seats were lighter. They are also smaller width and depth wise. Mine came out of a 93 4door, but I swapped a set of forward folding brackets onto them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor