need motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwrmedic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2006
New York
I'm looking for a new motor for my '79 GP. Had someone with a 350 pontiac, but still havent heard anything. Looking for a pontiac motor, 350, or 400.

mwrmedic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2006
New York
I just found a motor on ebay-a 1970 350 Pontiac-pretty clean, and its close by...
no exhaust manifolds, what do you think? headers or manifolds? I'm not building a street/strip car, just a driver...

79GP6.6L

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2006
Upstate NY
You're going to have a hard time finding headers to fit a GP. I have Hedman shorties on mine. The right side header slid right in like it was made for the car. The left side I had to cut/modify/weld to get it to fit, and I made my own down pipes using mandrel bent pipe from Summit.

Stock manifolds will work fine and can be found for reasonable prices if you look around a bit. If you want something that performs better, I'm told the Ram Air exhaust manifolds fit fine, though I haven't tried it myself. It all depends on what you want, I guess.

Hope this helps.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
I saw headers listed for a G.P. with a Pontiac motor. I think it was in P.A.W.'s catalog. Where ever it was they were not cheap, but the y were listed. mwrmedic, what part of NY are you from, I grew up on L.I..

mwrmedic

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2006
New York
Thank you guys for the info, I'll be posting more pics soon, I promise. I just put new batt's in my camera.
I was born in Valley Stream LI, then moved up here to lovely ( sarcasm) Westchester County...

Gbodyolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
you the same guy that was looking for a motor with an ad on myspace ? ... my brother has a set of Pontiac heads, chrome valve covers, Edelbrock intake, 4bbl quadrajet and Exhaust manifolds off his 68 (6.6) GTO If your interested I'm sure he will part with them for a reasonable price.

dexter047

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2005
raleigh, nc
i saw that add on myspace. are you the same guy?

I was born in Valley Stream LI, then moved up here to lovely ( sarcasm) Westchester County...

I grew up in Kings Park, then moved to Watertown (jefferson cty), then moved to Raleigh NC. just couldnt take NY anymore.

Gbodyolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2006
dexter047 said:
i saw that add on myspace. are you the same guy?
I grew up in Kings Park, then moved to Watertown (jefferson cty), then moved to Raleigh NC. just couldnt take NY anymore.

I know what you mean I would love to get out of NY just wouldnt know where the hell to go. I like being able to get just about anything I want within 20 minutes of home, other than that this place aint all its cracked up to be.

BTW I'm the moderator for the G body forum on myspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor