Need new GM temp gauge for '82 Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

43grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2010
Had the idiot light cluster changed to a factory gauge cluster (black faces with white needles) I got from eBay. Had the gauges bench tested before having the oil and temp sending units changed. Now the temp gauge goes to 260 degrees most of the time. The mechanic changed the thermostat and checked the operating temp. All of this checked ok and he's determined that the gauge itself needs replaced. :(

Could go the Autometer route with the pod on the "A" pillar, but would rather just replace the gauge with another factory one (cheaper anyway). My GM parts book says I need #8993715 (fits '82-'83). It also says that '84's took #25034352 (superceded to 25034056). Parts Voice doesn't show anyone having this part. :( Did find that the #8993715 part is apparently available from the following GM parts sites: GM Parts Giant.com and GM Parts East

Has anyone done business with either site? I hope and pray that they are ok and that they do have the part in stock. Have tried ordering parts from other site that listed the part I needed, so I ordered it and then they automatically say it's not available.

It's my understanding that any G-Body Grand Prix factory gauge would work (1979-1987?). Is that right? If I could find a NOS one, it won't matter to me if the needle is white or orange. White would be better since the other gauges have white needles, but I'm desperate in finding one.

Thanks.

43GrandPrix

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, any version gauge will work. They are out there, on this site and on Epay. A good search site like Sports Linkup http://www.sportslinkup.com/ will come in handy.

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Hey Mark, got to be quick on the keyboard :lol: thanks for the referal.
Deanlemans81

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor