Need nitrous advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeperchevy454

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2017
Illinois
I hope I’m in the right area need some help.i just got the nitrous kit installed with purge valve hooking up bottle heater tomorrow.a little about my set up it’s a 78 Malibu with a 468 big block iron 049 heads 550 lift cam can’t remember duration of the top of my head question is I got a wide band and am not sure what the suitable air to fuel ratio is for running on the bottle and best timing too run I’m planning on running 150 max on the motor but will be starting with 50 shot to get it ironed out I have a nos mini progressive controller running of a wot switch so I just need some advice on fuel ratio and timing g maybe best plug too run new too nitrous hope this wasn’t too long and my grammar sucks lol thanks in advance!

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
So l'm guessing it's not a wet kit? Wet kit is a plate. The wet kit bypass the carb an runs full on 7psi that the mechanical pump puts out with the nitrous when the solenoid hits.
As for timing l ran mine at a solid 38btc without issues but my heads(exhaust guide and springs) and internals(forged) were meant for nitrous/turbo or blower.
An infact it was a 468, but that was 10 years ago.
Oh an l had 2-250 plates but l never hit the second one. Nitrous is fun but it gets old soon.

Sleeperchevy454

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 15, 2017
Illinois
So l'm guessing it's not a wet kit? Wet kit is a plate. The wet kit bypass the carb an runs full on 7psi that the mechanical pump puts out with the nitrous when the solenoid hits.
As for timing l ran mine at a solid 38btc without issues but my heads(exhaust guide and springs) and internals(forged) were meant for nitrous/turbo or blower.
An infact it was a 468, but that was 10 years ago.
Oh an l had 2-250 plates but l never hit the second one. Nitrous is fun but it gets old soon.
I’m sorry it is a nx wet kit plate

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have a buddy with a 408 stroker on juice that has done extensive testing on his car. It's been 9.70 @ 139 on pump gas with juice, 10.58 on motor. He still hasn't thrown a bunch at it, BUT what he found was that most of the recommended fuel/nitrous jet setting from the manufacturer are reversed to keep them safe. Reversing the jets to lean the fuel out made it quicker.....

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor