Need Oring for the fuel pump hanger to the tank, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
Ok so I have a 80 wagon and I am useing a modified sending unit from a grand national in the malibu tank. The sending unit install's in the tank just fine but its a little smaller in diamiter then the top of a malibu's sending unit.
After installing the sendig unit I pressure checked it for leaks and the o ring from a GN wont seal its almost falling through the hole in the top of the tank.

I need something larger, before I go nuts looking for something does anyone have a correct spare o ring for this tank?

The GN one I have measures 3 1/4" od, Looking at it I need a 3.5" od o ring. Looks to be 3/16" thick.

Thanks, Ed

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Too bad I didn't see this earlier, I have an extra, with a new lock ring.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area
I think I'm ok but when I get home I'll try this o-ring. If it does not work I might take you up on your spare.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
I got a box of spares.

May be able to find a workable one and I am in the "philly area". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor