Need some 7/8" steel bar stock lathe services please

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Anyone happen to have access to a lathe and some 7/8" round steel barstock to turn into some spacers? Just need a few of each of 2 lengths.

Length 1 - 0.402"

Length 2- 0.585"

Both have an OD- 0.875" (7/8")

Both have an ID- 0.467" (to fit 7/16"-14 bolt size)

With slightly chamfered edges all around.

Working on the 85 442 and found yet ANOTHER beauty quality dealio that GM forgot. The lower PS pump bracket to block bolt/spacer. Or didn't install it right and it fell out. Dammit I keep finiding non-quality Easter Eggs even 39 years later.

I don't HAVE a spacer or bolt in place. I happen to have the bolt and washer, but I'll be danged if I don't have the "correct" spacer for it. So Year One says they have one. Ok, tried it, it's too small all around. I don't want to modify a friggin' spacer. Rather not drill it out.

So, anyone with a lathe and some 7/8" steel barstock willing to do a small project?

I pay you. PM me.

ill-pay-aimee-garcia.gif

Looks something like this. Only bigger. :)

1706905938457.png

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor