Need transmission lines for Th 350 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
Hello, I'm looking for some info on what options I have for replacement transmission lines for my turbo 350.

Here's the deal, 85 turbo 350 in 87 monte carlo I'm currently running the stock lines that came with the 200R4 and 305
that was original. I'm using a different set of headers now and they are real close in some spots. The ends at the transmission connections weep just a bit of fluid. and they have been bent up a good bit to get them close to fitting ok.

Can I purchase a pre-bent set for the car w/ TH350 ?
would I have to get a straight set and bend and flare myself ?
also I run an after market cooler up in front of the Radiator so the lines to the cooler internal to the radiator and back out
to the line in on the cooler and then back to the return line to transmission. The cooler lines are rubber so no issues with them.

any ideas or point in the correct direction would be awesome...

jake 87BlazeLS

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
You can get replacement lines from http://www.inlinetube.com , http://www.classictube.com , just to name a couple. Your only problem is they are direct factory replacements, I know of no company making lines to add an additional cooler. You can make your own lines, auto parts stores sell steel line by the foot or in 20 ft rolls.

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
tanx 83 I did just that. I purchased the raw tubing from the auto parts store which was a 40" long flared at both ends with the fittings included : under $10. The bender was more than that.
I ended up cutting the tube in half and bending each 20" section to go from the in/out on the transmission to just under the starter. I routed them with the header in place to make sure the were clear. Now about 2-3" away. from there I'm running
hoses up to the hard line attachment about 12" away from the radiator connections.

Looks much better and no leaks :)

jake 87BlazeLS

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I used braided lines which are obviously more expensive but since everything on my car uses AN fittings even my trans cooler that would be the only way that looks right on my car.
If I were using steel lines I would buy the longest piece (5 feet ?) from an autoparts store and bend as needed and just cut and flare one end and reuse the end fitting that came with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 1,118
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor