Neglected 81 Vette

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I've spent the last decade off-frame and swapping parts on the 87SS. During that time my 81 Vette has sat unlicensed since 2018. A once in awhile ride around the block to keep seals lubed is all it has been thru. Well, PS pump needs to be changed (no power steering) . Bled the brakes to clean out old fluid, decided to rebuild calipers (still the original ones) brown fluid was coming out, since I'm there decided to replace all rubber brake hoses as well as PS ones. Decided to do paint touch underneath and clean where nobody could ever be able to see! I could go on and take the car apart but that is how I ended up doing the SS off-frame! Waiting on all the parts to come in to the tune of $260.56 so far.

Attachments

• Oct2019 (3).jpg
    Oct2019 (3).jpg
    658.2 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 13 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've spent the last decade off-frame and swapping parts on the 87SS. During that time my 81 Vette has sat unlicensed since 2018. A once in awhile ride around the block to keep seals lubed is all it has been thru. Well, PS pump needs to be changed (no power steering) . Bled the brakes to clean out old fluid, decided to rebuild calipers (still the original ones) brown fluid was coming out, since I'm there decided to replace all rubber brake hoses as well as PS ones. Decided to do paint touch underneath and clean where nobody could ever be able to see! I could go on and take the car apart but that is how I ended up doing the SS off-frame! Waiting on all the parts to come in to the tune of $260.56 so far.
I've got a soft spot for the c3s... a triple blue roadster is on my bucket list, with the optional removable hardtop.

Unfortunately I think my bucket is overflowing

Reactions: 2 users

Ratchet

Master Mechanic
Jan 10, 2018
C2‘s are my favorite, had two. Bought a couple of C3’s new. Just sold a C5 last year. If I could find a 65-67 C2 at a realistic price I’d buy it. Prices of C3’s are on the rise. Good luck with your 81 they are great cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I've got a soft spot for the c3s... a triple blue roadster is on my bucket list, with the optional removable hardtop.

Unfortunately I think my bucket is overflowing
I bought it in Mar1981 at Herb Jones Chevrolet Datsun in Elizabethtown, KY. I never wanted one but... the salesman was so good that I bought it! So far it has 31980 miles!

Attachments

• Interior1.JPG
    Interior1.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I bought it in Mar1981 at Herb Jones Chevrolet Datsun in Elizabethtown, KY. I never wanted one but... the salesman was so good that I bought it! So far it has 31980 miles!
Love that color interior. That bright red, just like that the earlier regals used, is one of the best colors GM ever put in a car. My first gbody is an 83 regal we bought new and was white with the red interior. So much nicer than the later maroon

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
as good as Ricardo Montalban? is it Rich Corinthian Leather? 😁

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor