Neil Peart has died.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Not a big fan but grew up with the music and appreciate a few of the tunes. Neil was the only one of the 3 I could actually see myself having a cold snack with! Time Stand Still was a great documentary. It was cool that the other 2 would fly or bus to the venues and Neil insisted on riding his bike from gig to gig no matter the weather. Seems it was just his way to cope with the grind of touring.

They kept the publicity lid on pretty tight as it is reported he actually passed on Tuesday.

RIP, and there goes another little piece of my childhood.

Suddenly feeling old in 2020 !!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
RIP Neal. Not a huge Rush fan but his technical proficiency was second to none. Looks like 99.999% of the drummers out there have just moved 1 step closer to being the best.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I just read about this yesterday. I saw them live & it was quite the experience. He will likely hold that title of the technical-god he was as far as his timing/tempo/change for quite the while since today's music relies so heavily on computer generated sound reproduction.

I'll admit it to..... They had such a broad catalog of songs that there were many I didn't care for. The one's I did, I truly appreciated them for their greatness.
RIP sound of Tom Sawyer.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The music is dying all around us. Rush defiantly did their own thing. How many drummers composed for their band?

Thanks to Neil, wherever you are now...

Reactions: 1 user

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I loved Rush. Their vinyl was never far from my turntable. When I finally relented and moved to CDs, 2112 was the first one I bought. I didn't actually have a CD player at the time, but I had my first CD. I literally stopped working on my car and went in the house to put some vinyl on the minute I heard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200111-113248.png
    Screenshot_20200111-113248.png
    542.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor