new 406 pontiac finally finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Wow, a 67' with a Torker. Staight outta the 60's man. And I see you did your homework, Pontiac 670 heads (and most all) max out at .450 lift any more just stresses the valve springs. Good build.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Did I miss the 670 part?
What are the rest of the cam specs?
Needs more carb.
I don't think you are going to be able to run pump gas.
More details needed, I don't want you to hurt the motor.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I was guessing stock 4 barrel heads. YC is a 2 or 4 barrel motor? Yeah, those closed chambers want high octane. EDIT- I'm seeing YC is a big car motor, 2 barrel, small valves, 10.5 comp. Any head work done?

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
I would think the carb would be good to 5600 or more. Flat tops and those heads = high comp.!
I like the poncho motor too. Gives people something to talk about :p

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
G-Body_Vet said:
Have you ever thought about going with a properly setup q-jet? I think it would give you the best of both worlds.
heard the q-jet was the best ticket :D but know very little about them other than how take em off and put on my holley :lol: my spread bore holley has been on all my old circle track cars( limited late model, streetstock,superstock and open wheel modified) and it is really reliable I will see how it goes in feb for our first test and tune , the car should be up and running by the weekend
thanks

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
Bonnewagon said:
Wow, a 67' with a Torker. Staight outta the 60's man. And I see you did your homework, Pontiac 670 heads (and most all) max out at .450 lift any more just stresses the valve springs. Good build.
thank you did some studying . I love that 60's power, it had the 143 closed chamber heads i just freshened them up

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
shotgun said:
Did I miss the 670 part?
What are the rest of the cam specs?
Needs more carb.
I don't think you are going to be able to run pump gas.
More details needed, I don't want you to hurt the motor.
still got a fuel sponsor from my circle track days got a 55 gal drum of 110 race fuel
left over from last race season, detonation will not be a problem :twisted:
cam specs
410021-12 .450 .450
267 277
213 223
112 Hyd. Hyd.
Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft 1500-5800 Super low & mid-range torque. Excellent driveability.

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
Here's the real question:
What are all those Oregon hippies gonna think of that rowdy hot rod?

green79gp

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2011
Eugene,Ore
motorholmes said:
Here's the real question:
What are all those Oregon hippies gonna think of that rowdy hot rod?
Oregon hippies? didnt know there were any left ! thought they all got hair cuts and drive echos
but that may be my bad :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor