New 84 Regal project

Status
Not open for further replies.

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Im personally anti-donk but to each their own...
I however would like to point out if you spend all that time and money to get a V8 into the car and then you put super tall wheels on it it will still accelerate slow as hell and suck down gas like you wouldnt believe.
In 98 I had a 84 cutless with the 3.8l metric trans open rear end.
swapped the engine with a grand national turbo V6 was still slow
swapped trans to a 700r4 (i think, its been a few years) was still slow
Pulled the V6 and swapped in a SBC 350 with cam, intake, carb... was quick, but not fast
swapped the rear end finaly got the performance I was looking for...

As far as MPGs the ls will be the best way to go, a good altrunitave (if thats a little too pricy) a 350 with a bolt on fuel injection system.

My personal "old man" oppinion decide if you want to go fast or look good, trying to do it all at once will just leave you frustrated and broke with neither.

84Regal Andretti

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2013
the ghoul said:
Im personally anti-donk but to each their own...
I however would like to point out if you spend all that time and money to get a V8 into the car and then you put super tall wheels on it it will still accelerate slow as hell and suck down gas like you wouldnt believe.
In 98 I had a 84 cutless with the 3.8l metric trans open rear end.
swapped the engine with a grand national turbo V6 was still slow
swapped trans to a 700r4 (i think, its been a few years) was still slow
Pulled the V6 and swapped in a SBC 350 with cam, intake, carb... was quick, but not fast
swapped the rear end finaly got the performance I was looking for...

As far as MPGs the ls will be the best way to go, a good altrunitave (if thats a little too pricy) a 350 with a bolt on fuel injection system.

My personal "old man" oppinion decide if you want to go fast or look good, trying to do it all at once will just leave you frustrated and broke with neither.

I think ima go wit the ls on this one.. fuel injection. chnge my rear end gears and put staggered 22's on. I plan on gttin air bag suspension with it. half inch higher front. and new interior... I will gt a digital dash and leather interior. as far as color im going matte sky blue or white with a tan top. I plan on driving it everyday. but since im acollege student and will b on campus. I want and will not do any harsh driving to it.. Im more of a appreciator than a stunter. if ima make it a project I mite as well do it the way I wnt it rite.. so I plan on having it dne by February tho.. round my bday.. but I will post pics of it as I go. it wuld b dne quicker or mite tke longer since ima collegiate baseball player. but all in all.. I still will b asking a few more questions to further understand something n learn a few tricks to enhancing and keep up. im making a semi donk/ hotrod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor