new ac lines low and high port for sanden compressor on ls swap

No, you can't "let" the one on the can be the HI because that is the LO side of the system. The HI side is in the plumbing locations I outline in my previous post.

In this pic, you have to install a HI SIDE port somewhere in the location of the RED ARROWS, that is between COMPRESSOR to CONDENSOR or CONDENSOR to ORIFICE (inlet to EVAPORATOR). So if your making a hose that goes from the CONDENSOR to the ORIFICE tube, get the same fitting you posted from eBAY, just find it for the HI SIDE port as they are different sizes.

No need to apologize, AC systems are not super complicated but I'm thinking that if you're not sure about the basic fundamentals it might really be something you try and locate a local AC specialty shop for, and have them re-plumb the system for you. You'll probably save yourself a lot of frustration as you seem to have a lot of other things going on with you build to sort out. Let an local expert help you with the AC at this point, or after you've done all the plumbing/hoses which is the bulk of the manual work.

HTH

View attachment 242298
Got it! So can is low pressure and orifice tube should get a high pressure port ! Great that’s not what I gathered from a yt video. Sheesh. Thank you! Just ordered that port

Got it! So can is low pressure and orifice tube should get a high pressure port ! Great that’s not what I gathered from a yt video. Sheesh. Thank you! Just ordered that port
Yup, high pressure port in the line/hose *before* the orifice tube's fitting/connection. the orifice tube is what causes the high pressure (liquid) to become low pressure (vapor) entering the evaporator core, then in to the accumulator (can) and back to the compressor where it starts over again to becoming high pressure gas, the condenser "condenses" the high pressure gas (vapor) to a high pressure liquid and over the orifice tube it goes. So high pressure port has to be before that orifice tube, it changes state from that high pressure liquid to low pressure vapor as it passes through the orifice tube's restriction that's where you can FEEL THE change from hot to cold when you touch with your hand with the system running.

That's basic AC refrigerant flow in a nutshell in terms of where a HI and LO press service port should be located. Keep in mind other systems that are not orifice tube based, work a little differently but I won't go into that here.

Have a great night, I'm done typing for tonight...😴

That’s a ton more complicated sounding than I ever imagined lol. You da man! Class is in session 😎

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor