New Astro Shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Steve pontiacgp sent me an Astro shaft a year or two ago.
Yesterday I went out to see Jim at the machine shop to let him know how my clutch Z Bar was working and to say thanks for fixing it up for me.
I popped the hood because he wanted to see if we could put another heim joint on the clutch pedal pushrod where it goes to the Z Bar,and he says if it wears again he can do that for me.
Anyhow,he grabbed the Jeep shaft that I had in there and right away he said wow,those u joints are worn.
So last night I cleaned the Astro shaft and painted it,and this afternoon I took the Jeep shaft off and put the Astro shaft on.
It feels a whole lot tighter and tomorrow I hope to go for a drive and see how it feels.
Guy

Reactions: 6 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Forgot to add a picture
IMG_0658.JPG

Guy

Reactions: 11 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Well I took the Monte out for a drive today and I couldnt believe the difference the new Astro shaft made.
It was almost like driving a new car !!
Big Thanks to Steve pontiacgp (y)
Guy

Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well I took the Monte out for a drive today and I couldnt believe the difference the new Astro shaft made.
It was almost like driving a new car !!
Big Thanks to Steve pontiacgp (y)
Guy

I'm glad you could use it....oh and I found the bolts but I guess I'm a little late.. :)

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Thanks Steve,I put a couple of stainless bolts in with a drop of Loctite.
Of course that was after I cleaned it up a bit,painted it and a bit of grease to lube it.
Sure made a big difference :banana:
Guy

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Guy,
Glad to see you finally got around to putting the Astro shaft in your car.....it's about time....j/k.:giggle: They're a cool upgrade.
Steve was the one that inspired many of us to go with the Astro/ Safari shaft. Many thanks to Steve. :friday:

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Guy,
Glad to see you finally got around to putting the Astro shaft in your car.....it's about time....j/k.:giggle: They're a cool upgrade.
Steve was the one that inspired many of us to go with the Astro/ Safari shaft. Many thanks to Steve. :friday:

Thanks Jack.
I never even realised how badly worn the u joints in the Jeep shaft were until Jim George pointed it out.
The Astro shaft was a big upgrade thats for sure !!
Guy

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks Jack.
I never even realised how badly worn the u joints in the Jeep shaft were until Jim George pointed it out.
The Astro shaft was a big upgrade thats for sure !!
Guy
Guy, I find the Astro shaft being a beefier, more heavy duty piece than the Jeep Cherokee shaft, which I also used until I saw the light.
Time to hit the yards again. I see there's many requests for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
interesting, I would like to know how much did it cost? , please

Guy was helping me clean up by accepting parts I no longer needed.... :popcorn:

If you interest in getting shafted Ostrich sells them for a great price...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor