New Chicagoland G-Body Owner (84 Monte SS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
That's the one.

Cool to see the owner pop up on here, always wondered who buys some of these cars.

I believe Coker tire makes/sells the Eagle GT’s

Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
My favorite color,. My favorite interior. My favorite wheel package.
You picked a great car.

87Aero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2021
NY
Awesome car. Owned this same model from 1992 - 2001. Put 100,000 miles on it personally. Sold it to get married. Had kids and bought a super low mile Aerocoupe in 2020 to get back in the game. Tried to find a blue 84 to no avail.

Enjoy it. Drive it. Put miles on it. Share it with others. You only live once. It’s a beautiful car. My favorite.

Cordoba1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
"Enjoy it. Drive it. Put miles on it. Share it with others. You only live once. It’s a beautiful car. My favorite."
All of the above. I will. I already took it to a cruise-in at Morris, IL last weekend. Drives wonderfully; only a few things to sort out. Easy stuff: Washer pump, cruise control, choke-idle speed set WAY too high.... easy stuff to sort, working on little things each evening.

Reactions: 2 users

87Aero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2021
NY
I had to sort out a few issues on the 87 Aero. Brake light switch. Water pump. All new Delco ignition parts etc. Relay for power door locks and rear defroster. That was it. 36k miles. I have never even washed it with water in 2 yrs. of ownership. Just paint corrected it with a buffer. I changed AC to R134 and surprisingly it works fine. It’s never seen rain. Lives indoors.

You’ll sort that stuff out. AC Delco parts are out there. That’s all I used. Kept all the original for the next owner.

When you get bored with it. Just drop me a line here. :).

My email address on a few domains is chevyss84@…

Die hard 84 guy here. For now I just have this die cast on my office desk and old photos of my blue 84
9E00A730-DFAA-4949-930F-7714493FA956.jpeg
9E00A730-DFAA-4949-930F-7714493FA956.jpeg
75128AD9-F65E-4FD7-8196-2D07AA2D9FB8.jpeg

Last edited:

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
All of the above. I will. I already took it to a cruise-in at Morris, IL last weekend. Drives wonderfully; only a few things to sort out. Easy stuff: Washer pump, cruise control, choke-idle speed set WAY too high.... easy stuff to sort, working on little things each evening.
I could imagine a few ghosts in the machine from sitting so long unused...

You could also pick up one to work on like a hotrod.... this blue one is a kinda priceless time machine. I'd drive it [to shows].

I was just imagining how amusing the blowback would be if you trolled people and said you were about to LS swap it at 424 miles. LOL

Cordoba1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
I was just imagining how amusing the blowback would be if you trolled people and said you were about to LS swap it at 424 miles. LOL
I've only had it, like, 3 weeks; and am already getting questionable "advice." I was already told that "you need to paint that car black."

Decline.

Speaking of questionable, a participant in that car show last week had a very nice Fox Mustang. The owner intends to LS swap it. To each their own! (To his credit, he was a young guy; and if this is how the hobby stays alive, fine by me!)

Reactions: 1 user

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
You're gonna get all kinds of advice from all kinds of people everywhere. I think you have the right idea to keep it as original as possible with some minor tweaks to make it your own. I've always had the idea of keeping the changes made "how factory would have done it had they used good stuff". While any changes you might consider doing may not be factory, make it look as though it is.
Nice car.

Reactions: 2 users

Cordoba1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 15, 2022
You're gonna get all kinds of advice from all kinds of people everywhere. I think you have the right idea to keep it as original as possible with some minor tweaks to make it your own. I've always had the idea of keeping the changes made "how factory would have done it had they used good stuff". While any changes you might consider doing may not be factory, make it look as though it is.
Nice car.
Exactly. The radio, for example, is decidedly not good. I've already replaced the rear-deck speakers, that made a huge difference. A "Retro Manufacturing" radio arrives today. It'll fit without cutting up the original facia, won't look terribly out-of-place, and I'm building a plug-in harness so I won't be cutting into any of the original wiring.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor