***NEW DASH PANELS READY FOR G-BODYS***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afast78

n00b
Oct 7, 2009
I hope that Iam posting this in the right place..mods please move if so.

Classicdash.com has gauge panels ready for shipment!!!

I think that these are a little ''pricey'' right now,but now there is a aftermarket gauge panel for our cars! These panels come blank,pre-drilled for 5" and 2"5/8 gauges.Check out the site for more info,So far there selling for $299.99 blank or pre-drilled.

Complete Autometer panels will cost $899.00 and up! :shock:

http://www.classicdash.com/shopping/home.php?cat=237

image.php

-John

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Those are pretty nice. They must be making a killing on those though. Capitalism....If only i could capitalize...

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
those are sweet as hell but way to rich for my blood is is nice to have options though

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I love this one but it says on the website they are 999.95

image.php

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
Dakota Digital has their's for the following with digital gauges installed:

$695 for 1978- 88 Chevy Monte Carlo, 1978- 87 Chevy El Camino, Malibu and Caballero
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd200.htm

They aslo make the digital gauges that fit into your stock bezel (not included) for:

$695 for 1984- 87 Buick Regal/ Grand National/ T-Type/ GNX
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd497.htm

$695 for 1978- 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd485.htm

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
I thought covans sold one for 79.00 or so... WAY too pricy for 7 oz of injection molded plastic!

Afast78

n00b
Oct 7, 2009
** A little update on classicdash.com ** And some HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!

Hey guys I just got my new panel from classicdash for my elky and I first want to say that its a very nice part,not only do you get the front face of the new gauge set,but you get the back part also..the box so to say..very nice quality and I thought that when I ordered it that it was only the face only,with both parts they also include all the screws and mounting hardware to fit.

I don't have my digital camera right now..but I will promise pictures of this thing to show how nice it is,bravo for classicdash for making a great part for our gbody cars out there who want to upgrade there gauges with something that's stock looking and looks killer!Iam using autometer carbon fiber gauges in 2-5/8 for the small and 5" for the speedo and tac.They offer there panel with the wholes already drilled,so it the gauges just installed perfectly.

Does anybody have any tips for installing LED's for turn indicators? I have them already in 12v and would like to know how to wire them or any tips you guys can give me would really be appreciated right now,the last thing I want to do is burn the elky down or have wiring shorts,we all know and have had them.

Pictures will come soon!

Thanks in advance guys!

:D

-John

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Afast78 said:
Does anybody have any tips for installing LED's for turn indicators? I have them already in 12v and would like to know how to wire them or any tips you guys can give me would really be appreciated right now,the last thing I want to do is burn the elky down or have wiring shorts,we all know and have had them.

-John

What I did below relates to an '87 Olds Cutlass so double check yours in case GM changed something over the years.

I used the rallye pac conversion info here: http://tech.oldsgmail.com/eint_rallye_swap.php along with my Chassis Service Manual to find what wires I needed. In this case the LH turn indicator is the Light Blue color wire and the RH turn indicator is the Dark Blue wire.
I pushed them out of the plastic plug, snipped off the stock terminal end and then soldered a new length of wire to each of those.
For the LED's mine had a red and black wire. I connected the red wire to the respective turn signal wire (either light blue or dark blue depending on which side your working with) and then the black wire I just ran to ground.
Simple as that.

On mine I ended up finding all the original wires that were used for the oil pressure, water temp, lights, power, etc. and then made up my own wiring harness that could be unplugged from the dash easily using a couple of Deutsch connectors:

IMG_1397.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor