new exhaust brought me new speeding ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedbroadss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 30, 2010
so, i finally installed my new exhaust.

flowmaster super 44 mufflers, 2 1/2 inch pipes, no cats. not insanely loud, but makes a good deal of delicious noise when you get on it.

Yesterday driving back from work I wanted to hear the new sound, so I LITERALLY TAPPED the throttle going down a tiny hill that slopes back up in about 30 feet. probably not the best locale, but too late. at the top of the hill a cop was driving down a side street. While rolling up to the top of the hill he clocked me at 53. :blam: $230 ticket.

when he clocked me i was rolling AND braking, no throttle at all. :evil:
doesnt help that officer Major (thats his real name) is notorious for being straight out of super troopers.

holy crap nice ls, it looks like my car freakin twin but cleaner with no vinyl top, im even runnin those same wheels. sucks about the ticket. knock on wood im goin on 2 years with no tickets. ive been pulled over and hasseled about things like my exhaust but not tickets, tryin to stay clean haha

Sorry for the ticket but i noticed something wrong with your wheels. I too am running those American Racing wheels AR26's i believe, well i think that you have them on the wrong side of the car. Those wheels are directional meaning they are supposed to be put on one side of the car. The point of the triangles are supposed to rotate toward the front of the car so when they are moving they look like they are spinning forwards not backwards. I think i am correct but you can look on the back of the rim and it will be stamped with an "L" or and "R" for left and right side. Check them out.

am4blue said:
Did he walk up to the car and ask "What's happening Meow?"

Love that movie!

D

i probably wouldve died lol

redneckracer305 said:
holy crap nice ls, it looks like my car freakin twin but cleaner with no vinyl top, im even runnin those same wheels. sucks about the ticket. knock on wood im goin on 2 years with no tickets. ive been pulled over and hasseled about things like my exhaust but not tickets, tryin to stay clean haha

thanks! yea ive been good for about a year till now, im still fuming about it.

84GP455 said:
Sorry for the ticket but i noticed something wrong with your wheels. I too am running those American Racing wheels AR26's i believe, well i think that you have them on the wrong side of the car. Those wheels are directional meaning they are supposed to be put on one side of the car. The point of the triangles are supposed to rotate toward the front of the car so when they are moving they look like they are spinning forwards not backwards. I think i am correct but you can look on the back of the rim and it will be stamped with an "L" or and "R" for left and right side. Check them out.

i believe youre right, some time soon ill get around to correcting them. thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor