New from Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

datturboz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey all, Just picked up my first g body. Bought a 1987 buick regal t-type. Not a t-type anymore now equipped with a carbbed 305 :( I am a do it yourselfer. The body is in great shape and im quite excited. Hopefully everyone here will be able to help me decide on a good engine swap for it. thanks in advance

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
Welcome!

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Welcome from the other side of the Ohio line. Does she still have the 8.5? I think another turbo Buick motor would be an excellent choice. Both power and economy but to be honest some learning curve for old skool naturally aspirated hotrodders. If you want to look at that route www.gnttype.org www.turbobuicks.com www.turbobuick.com. Regardless you got a great platform to build from; better springs, sway bars, wheels, faster ratio steering, BR 200-4R, 8.5! Some transmission shop owner & hotrodder out there did one with a newer 3800 series motor with fantastic results as well. I also love old skool big blocks for fast streetable cars. The Buick 455 being one of my two favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor