EL CAMINO new from newzealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Terry; You have found the Best site on the Internet. Plus we just happen to all like "G" cars. So pick our collective brains all ya want. It's just my ole' brain is pretty well picked & whats left is just crusty & hard. But I just gotta mention that I completely understand the desire to be different. So I'm attaching a couple of pictures of my ole' work car.

Attachments

• Post-GTO Bp_05-11_105.JPG
    Post-GTO Bp_05-11_105.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 328
Reactions: 1 user

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
depends, the question is a little vague. are you keeping the CCC carb and computer or converting to vacuum advance distributor? if the Elkie was still in the states, we'd advise you to retain the parts in case you ever sold it on to someone who might need them.
In the motor dept the only thing i have changed is the exhuast system, i dont want to mess with anything else, im guessing the vacum lines that went to the air pump thingy just get blocked off and the wire that was attached to i pursume a co2 sencor on the left side manafold? dont know.
we dont have emmisions testing etc over here, plus the vehicle is 35 years old so falls into the'' old'' category

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
Welcome Terry; You have found the Best site on the Internet. Plus we just happen to all like "G" cars. So pick our collective brains all ya want. It's just my ole' brain is pretty well picked & whats left is just crusty & hard. But I just gotta mention that I completely understand the desire to be different. So I'm attaching a couple of pictures of my ole' work car.
nice, 2 door, i think its called a holden monaro over here, not that many around

• Agree

driver

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2013
Welcome kiwi
Nice buy ,looks good and i think to be differend is always a plus
So as for the A.I.R. thingy my gues is your car has a computer and if you mess with the A.I.R. pump and vacuum lines and sensors your computer will react on the mis info it receeves and give you a check engine light
I do not know how it wil react on your ccc by adjusting the air /gas mix maybe
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor