New From Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
First off...welcome aboard from KY. That's a clean looking Monte!

Secondly, from what I've read you are going with the MAF setup correct? I have a speed density ECM and will be pulling the painless TPI harness out of my Cutlass soon as I'm going LS. The harness allows for standalone operation with only 4 connections if I recall.

Reactions: 1 user

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
First off...welcome aboard from KY. That's a clean looking Monte!

Secondly, from what I've read you are going with the MAF setup correct? I have a speed density ECM and will be pulling the painless TPI harness out of my Cutlass soon as I'm going LS. The harness allows for standalone operation with only 4 connections if I recall.
thanks,im defiantly going MAF ive got too much into that setup to go SD,if i hear of anyone looking for one ill send them your way,good luck on the LS swap,i pondered that route but decided to go TPI to keep it tied to the era.ive always been an ower and fan of all the g bodys,had a few cutlass see my old polaroid pics below lol
84 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.jpg
84 Oldsmobile.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
thanks,im defiantly going MAF ive got too much into that setup to go SD,if i hear of anyone looking for one ill send them your way,good luck on the LS swap,i pondered that route but decided to go TPI to keep it tied to the era.ive always been an ower and fan of all the g bodys,had a few cutlass see my old polaroid pics below lol View attachment 71945 View attachment 71946
Sounds good. I ran a SD setup for about 8 years and had a blast with it! When my 355 died I figured it was now time to upgrade to newer technology!
I don't wanna photobomb a bunch, but here is a pic from the stealth ram setup...ALOT of time was spent hiding wires!!!!
20150531_145841.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
was going start a build thread loaded with pics,diagrams and a ton of info on my TPI swap,but im not sure if its even an interest to most anymore?

84slow

Greasemonkey
Feb 6, 2017
Ontario.Ca
Welcome from ontario ca.. I'm currently doing the same swap tpi from a 89 to my 84 cutlass .... And ssclasic please do start a build thread I'm sure it will help us all I really don't think there's enough tpi swaps documented. It will help us all

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Start a build thread for sure! Regardless of the swap you're doing, people will show interest. Also, it will help people in the future as a resource of sorts for the types of parts, mods, etc one might require to do such a swap.
I did tons of research when doing the stealthram TPI based swap on my old 355. Now that I'm going LS, I use multiple sites frequently for research, and try to plug in gained knowledge on the LS swap thread here.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
Nice car. I have family in Oil City PA. I was there a year ago and saw several montes. I think its the black and red monte capitol of the US I only saw black and red Ss's.

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Welcome from Indiana,sweet SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor