New guy, pic of my '78 Lemans wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerW

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2008
Blake442 said:
What's the story on the Buick wagon?

The Buick I daily drove until last year.The engine was getting very tired and I had planned all along to stuff in a big engine for fun times.

To that end I have a '70 Buick 455 sitting in the shop waiting to go in.I have been distracted by more mundane obligations but I'm tired of seeing it just sit so this winter is going to be dedicated to it.

People keep saying the Century wagons are scarce now. This one has some aluminum components, so it's perfect for a sleeper.

I also had a '79 Cutlass Cruiser with a 400 Chevy in it, and the guy I bought it from has a Bonneville wagon, only one I've ever seen.

My other current wagon is a 1987 Custom Cruiser showing 53,000 miles.If you guys want wagons come down here, we have plenty!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Actually, a wagon like yours is what gave me the g-body bug to begin with...

When I was 5 (in '88 ) our babysitter had a brown '78 LeMans Safari and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I loved(and still do) the look of the rear of the car with the lights in the bumper. Can't explain it, but they're just cool. To top it off, our neighbors had an '83 Cutlass Cruiser (I have one now), and then my grandma had an '81 Regal 2 dr. (which ended up being my first g-body). My path had been laid before me... Good thing I didn't grow up around Ford people! :lol:

I'd like to switch the header panel on my '83 to a '78 or '79 like you had, I like the single lamp ones better on the wagons. There's a few at the yard I've got my eye on...I'll have to snag 'em next spring.

What aluminum parts are on your Buick? I was suprised to see that both my Malibu wagon and Cutlass Cruiser have aluminum front bumper reinforcements. My 442 has them front and rear.

What are your plans for the Pontiac? Just clean it up and drive? You might as well put a Poncho 455 in that one, so it'll match your Buick 455 in the other! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor