new here with a Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Hi, my name is Joe and I'm a caraholic :D
I just picked up an 83 Grand Prix to setup as a daily driver. I used to own an 87 Cutlass (was the second car I ever owned), so I know a little about g-bodies. I also have been working on another project; a 67 Pontiac Firebird. That one is more of a long term deal. Anyway, my plan with this Grand Prix is to make it presentable and fix some issues with it. I'm thinking hot rod black, tune-up the 305, throw some decent rubber under it, and drive it. I'll get some pics up if you guys are interested. I also have some pics of my Cutlass, but I would need to scan them in.

86 regal

Greasemonkey
Oct 23, 2009
Hanover, NM
Welcome! pics are always good!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Welcome to GBF!

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
sweet, another fella in the 83 GP club!
(there's few of us... we get drowned out by the 84s and 85s)

throw up some pics... would love to see

welcome!

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Thanks for the welcome :mrgreen:
I'll get some pictures up soon; I have to take some of the new ride since I just picked it up two days ago. Here's a few pics of my other project, I wonder what my rollers would look like on the Grand Prix......

IMGP0477.jpg

IMGP0977.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Here's some cell phone pics of the Grand Prix. I test fit the rims from the Firebird. I think they look pretty good on there, I just need to get something less wide in the rear...that's a 295/50/15 on that rim.

Attachments

• gp1.jpg
    gp1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 486
  • gp2.jpg
    gp2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 514
  • gp3.jpg
    gp3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 489
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor