Houston,TX
Rozon2.jpg

Taken from: http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5 ... c&start=15

Looks cool.

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
a buddy i went to wyotech with had a `84 monte SS that he started doing in street rod where he chopped the top 5 inches and instead of completley deleting the 1/4 windows he made little maltese cross windows to fill the space. looked pretty kew but idk how it would look with out the chop done.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
punissher_racing said:
a buddy i went to wyotech with had a `84 monte SS that he started doing in street rod where he chopped the top 5 inches and instead of completley deleting the 1/4 windows he made little maltese cross windows to fill the space. looked pretty kew but idk how it would look with out the chop done.

Now that is a good Idea.

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
yea i thought that the same 1/4 window front but wiht lexan cut into a flame on the back end going up would look pretty kew too. damn, maybe i should start making this stuff lol

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
wow totally just thought of this......anyone be interested in rear 1/4 window louvers/covers? i can make some outta fiberglass and then just paint em black or to mach and use 3M doublesidedstickytoppertape to attach just like the ventvisors and such

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
punissher_racing said:
wow totally just thought of this......anyone be interested in rear 1/4 window louvers/covers? i can make some outta fiberglass and then just paint em black or to mach and use 3M doublesidedstickytoppertape to attach just like the ventvisors and such

ill be interested if you get one for the rear window too so they would match

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
well then ill start to make a mold then tomm. of the 1/4 windows, and i think i can make em out of the thin plexiglass so ill make a mold outta wood or something tomm and see how it goes.

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
i would assume theyd be pretty damn close to the same thing as the montes but if the mold i make tomm goes easy ill grab somebodys cutty/regal and make one for those too. As far as pricing ill have to see how long it takes me to make one after i get the mold made, labor and the cost of the tape and some black paint and clear and then the peice of plexi will determine. shouldnt be too much though. id say prolly like 40 bucks or so for both 1/4s ready to stick on in black. im tryin to decide if they should stick inside the chrome trim or go around the outside of it though. screw it ill just make both and see how they look lol

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
if you make one for the early cutlasses (78-80) ill be in because here is my 79 project cutlass:

Picture028.jpg

and here is how the 81-87 cutlasses look:

IMG_0707.jpg

as you can see way different

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor