• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
voted yes, I like to see different things on these cars, i would go for it.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
OK punissher_racing gave me a great idea and I am going to do it like this. I will get some heavy gauge metal and have it cut in the center in the shape of a Maltese cross. I will then have a piece of 1 inch thick plexiglas shaved down so the shape of the cross is flush with the steel. Weld in the patch. install neon lights behind the new window, make my custom interior panels to cover it up.

So It is basically a fake window I am putting, about 12"x12".......flush with the car and will glow at night when the lights are on.

The interior panel will be solid and will have my components up top and possibly a sub in the bottom.

Medication is making me think crazy things, I am on neurontin for nerve pain. So if anything seems crazy, ignore it,lol.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
It's called an opera window and the car looks stupid without it.

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
pokertramp said:
OK punissher_racing gave me a great idea and I am going to do it like this. I will get some heavy gauge metal and have it cut in the center in the shape of a Maltese cross. I will then have a piece of 1 inch thick plexiglas shaved down so the shape of the cross is flush with the steel. Weld in the patch. install neon lights behind the new window, make my custom interior panels to cover it up.

So It is basically a fake window I am putting, about 12"x12".......flush with the car and will glow at night when the lights are on.

The interior panel will be solid and will have my components up top and possibly a sub in the bottom.

Medication is making me think crazy things, I am on neurontin for nerve pain. So if anything seems crazy, ignore it,lol.

Just remember plexi tends to scratch very easily so if it is exposed all the time, so you may want to reconsider welding a plate over it that will not allow the panels to be replaced when they get scratched up.

I voted No, because i've been driving mine with the windows covered for years now and the blind spot has gotten to me to the point where i'll be taking the factory phantom top off this year.

LowriderCouncilPicnic07022.jpg

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
It always looked like it was possible to get the early 78-80 g-bodies quater windows to roll down with some modification. That would seriously be cool on a monte carlo or grand prix considering the size of them. It would be alot of work, but no one else would have it, and make riding in the back seat more enjoyable for people.

cashmoneyspeed

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago
STLRegal said:
It always looked like it was possible to get the early 78-80 g-bodies quater windows to roll down with some modification. That would seriously be cool on a monte carlo or grand prix considering the size of them. It would be alot of work, but no one else would have it, and make riding in the back seat more enjoyable for people.

Most definatley. The Regal windows are fairly flat and squared off as it is and there's definately enough room behind the panels to fit a small window track too.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
To make them roll down, I would consider the tracks from a Fox body Mustang convertible. It is a small window in those cars, so it might work. I would also caution that you would probably need to get a different piece of glass to make it work. The original one is probably not much bigger than the window opening itself and would not have enough room for attaching a track. One possibility that comes to mind is taking a set of door glass from another Regal and using the last foot or so of them. They extend down about 6 inches past the top of the door to attach the upper movement limiter, and that could then be used as the track attachment point for the new quarter glass track. Plus, the curvature of the door glass is what you want to match, so using a door glass makes the most sense.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Hm... maybe instead of roll-down, wing-vent style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor