• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CutlassJ

Greasemonkey
Oct 30, 2008
Northwest Suburbs IL
If you just blacked out the window you wouldn't have that blind spot to deal with while driveing

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I figurd another idea I can go with that all the nay votors will like. I can get some glass very cheap or free so what I will do it take out the window that is there. I will then weld a frame around the existing area and make a flush mount for the glass. This way I can still have i for safety, but with it tinted, the top of the car is going to be black it will look much better...

Whatcha think about that????[/quote]

Now that's a good idea. It's different, creative, and it will still look good. If you do it, post lots of pics.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I will also say that I wish there was a way to flush mount the door glass on our cars instead of having it come inwards so much. It would greatly reduce wind noise and improve aerodynamics.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Phoenyx said:
I figurd another idea I can go with that all the nay votors will like. I can get some glass very cheap or free so what I will do it take out the window that is there. I will then weld a frame around the existing area and make a flush mount for the glass. This way I can still have i for safety, but with it tinted, the top of the car is going to be black it will look much better...

Whatcha think about that????

Now that's a good idea. It's different, creative, and it will still look good. If you do it, post lots of pics.[/quote]

Will do..

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
I will also say that I wish there was a way to flush mount the door glass on our cars instead of having it come inwards so much. It would greatly reduce wind noise and improve aerodynamics.

I agree that is a major design flaw.

Nothing worse than wind noise. I rather have open headers.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida

hmmm.... do you think it could be done? we need to find an aerocoupe and make it even more aerodynamic... good college project, lol

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
pokertramp said:

Whatcha think about that????

yes

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
2000.malibu.ls said:

hmmm.... do you think it could be done? we need to find an aerocoupe and make it even more aerodynamic... good college project, lol

Anything is possible...but I don't think it would make enough of a difference. If you look at a 3rd gen F body, it has frameless glass and a relatively flush mounted profile, but the door shape is much different. As for an Aerocoupe, the GP 2+2 was a bit better at chopping through the wind than the Monte. However, the Fox Thunderbird was an even better shape than the G cars were. You never really see 80's T birds anymore though.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Lead car is a funeral?

Attachments

• regal parts 002.jpg
    regal parts 002.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 134
  • regal parts 003.jpg
    regal parts 003.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor