New Member - Coppell, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Welcome Onebad86SS; I like what ya did for an interior up grade, modest cost for good gain. I see what looks like a Holden with a Chevy badge setting in your driveway? But the picture is small & I could be confused, easily done. We have similar back grounds as I was a mechanical designer, you guys (engineers) would give us the job. We would try to design the parts to fit together, sent it to the shop. The mechanic would put it together & if it didn't work it was your (engineer's) fault. Sometimes it was good to be the middle man, Ole' Bob.

Reactions: 1 user

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
Welcome Onebad86SS; I like what ya did for an interior up grade, modest cost for good gain. I see what looks like a Holden with a Chevy badge setting in your driveway? But the picture is small & I could be confused, easily done. We have similar back grounds as I was a mechanical designer, you guys (engineers) would give us the job. We would try to design the parts to fit together, sent it to the shop. The mechanic would put it together & if it didn't work it was your (engineer's) fault. Sometimes it was good to be the middle man, Ole' Bob.

You see it right. It now has all of the Holden Badges on it, but it was sold as a Chevy SS sedan here in the states, absolutely LOVE that car.

I know that story all too well, haha! Lot's of back and forth and finger pointing. All you could do sometimes is grab some popcorn and watch the fireworks :)

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings OneBadSS & all; You didn't notice my Byron post from last Saturday-Sunday? So since we both have Holden's but I have the Very Best Holden picture on the planet, ya got a see this. So here's the re-run, Enjoy Ole' Bob.
Ps: This Automobile affliction has blessed me & you too It just takes Perseverance.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 121

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking SS. I'm glad to hear that the seats and console fit easily. I've been thinking about transplanting the seats and console from a newer Monte Carlo into my '86. Either those or possibly the seats from a CTS.

I like that dual snorkel air cleaner too. What are your plans for the car in the future?

Young0utlaw81Cutlass

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2013
Dallas Tx.
Hey everyone!

New to the forum, but looking forward to all the tips and help.

I'm an owner of an 86 SS Monte Carlo that I've had since high school. I absolutely love this car and will not ever give her up :). I'm a mechanical engineer and have been tinkering with cars for a long time....runs in the family.

Not overly crazy on the mods (yet) but here's what she has:
Exterior: GM torch red paint with SS stripes, 2 1/4" fiberglass cowl hood, chrome Corvette rally wheels
Engine: Crate 350, flowtech headers and pypes x pipe and violator mufflers, custom fabricated dual snorkel intake
Interior: Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS seats, 06 monte carlo center console, B&M quicksilver ratchet shifter

Welcome to the Forum that's a sweet M.C you got there i was planning on getting an SS to but didn't find a all original here in Dallas, I had to drive all the way to Tennessee to get my 1986 442 TTop.
20170508_232234.jpg

Last edited:

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
May I ask where did u get the hood & cost wise if that is not being to inquisitive that u wouldn't care to share. does the hood work like a normal hood or does it lift off in one piece because if it does it wouldn't do for car shows beautiful car as my first was an 86 w/T tops as my 13 yr old son had a set of keys made for it unbeknownst to me took it out in a driving rain storm and totaled it. Took me 3 yrs to find my 88 as u C in the pic. It runs a 350 not stock but mod 350 with a 200r4 trans had it for 24 yrs. Just restored it completely & not expensive wise. never done anything to it until this January when the engine crapped out it was $$$$$ from there but well worth it.
But plz tell me where I can get the fiber hood if it works like the original on the hinges and such.
thx one word to use as caution put kill switches in it there are those who would steal ur car which to me is a death sentence if I caught them because I don't give a rats F n *ss !!!!!! They are of the minority race persuasion hate to say it & if someone out there dont like what I just said I don't give a feces OK! its a proven fact !!!!
thank u my friend beauty no doubt

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor