New Panther owner, 03 Crown Vic P71

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Good to know. Actually ,i'm not sure if it's an axle shaft problem, but after hard acceleration/flooring it, it lets out a little squeak when you let off the gas. Know anything about this?

robert87ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
Yes I bet it happens when you are floored and it goes to 2nd gear. Or if you let off right before it shifts. The programming the the pcm of the p71 raised shift point couple hundred rpms. The noise tlyou here is most likely the belt chirping. Mine did it all the time. A new belt and tensioner helped a little but it would come back.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
The squeak actually comes from the the rear passenger side of the car

robert87ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 13, 2010
Ok the only other thing I can think of the the bushings in the rear trailing arms. I've replaced a couple they looked smashed. You can see them if you look closely. The cops around here complained that it would feel like it wanted to switch lanes on acceleration when chasing down cars. I've never heard 1 squeak. It does have rear sway bar links and bushings too.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
We'll have to check it out. Thanks for all the info though

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
looking good with the fresh lights and grill! i actually worked on my panther today also,changed out the rear end gea oil and the pumpkin and added a gasket(which it did not have!),preped it for a quick paint job,and got my new lights as well,i chose to stay with the "aero" original front rather than swap out for the 98-11 header.i also scored an entire mint"midnight black'" interior or the car as well! decided to go with 22"graphite torque thrust wheels with 265/50/22 lexani tires.they should show up this week.you should do a maurader clone!!!

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
rims and tires came in today,just got to mount and balance them.i picked up a 98-02 continental console from my buddy for a 12 pack,just needs a good cleaning/detail(i plan on hydrodipping the woodgrain trim,along with my dash trim and door panel window control panels in a brushed alluminum effect:)) i also picked up a maurader floor shifter off evil bay for 40.00 for my column-to-floor shift mod.almost got the panther ready to shoot,gonna lay down the primer/surfacer/sealer manana.any updates on yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor