new project cowl hood, new pics added 3-9 its DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
k guys i need ur opinion on the paint u think i should paint it all blue or put a little grey in it somewere? and if the greay what should i do with the grey?

n1175790177_30304226_8576.jpg

lookin great.............about the paint, the hood all blue, but i think you should paint the scoop silver(argent) like the bottom of the 442, maybe with some sorta blue stripe or graphic on the top of the cowl

peace

jonnyslick said:
I'd like to see someone make one for a Cutlass that the cowl extends back to the windshield. Of course it would have to be a lift off hood at that point, but I always have liked the look of extended cowls.
try www.up22.com they way have what your looking for

Looks great to me just smooth it out and paint it.Yes lead can kill you but it metal it will out last any plastic filler.You need a respirator to use it but eastwood sells a lead free body solder and it works the same as the lead one did.

All blue.

I don't think '85-'87 442's look good with stripes on the hoods, unless you've got the awesome W-25 hood. I say leave the hood stripes for the Chevy's.

Although to add a bit of spice, the side of your cowl makes for the perfect place for some badges/decals... Maybe ones that say 455? 8)

Or u could put 6.6 decals on it like the old TAs. I want to put a saker on my cutlass till i found out that aluminum hoods are to come by did want to cut my up after that But that looks good can't wait to see it finish. How you going to make the crome strip longer to match?

you should start selling these...........maybe ya can make some cash

kinda heavy..............but who cares if its all about style

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor