New rims on the Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car looks great! I like the wheels & tires. And the paint & scoop & spoiler. You should create an album and put some pics in it. Click the little camera button to check out my pics for a near twin in the 442 version.

Looks good. I'm running stock black rims with no hubcaps. One day I hope to get some spoked hubcaps.

83cutlassowner said:
i think it needs to be dropped a little to reduce that wheel to wheel well gap

x2

I agree on a drop for sure, also I think I should have actually gone 3.5" backspace on the back rims to set them out a bit more but I still love the way it looks 8)

I am thinking a 2" drop would be about perfect, do they make 2" drop springs or do you need spindles for a 2" drop?

yup, 2" drop spindles for the front and i think hotchkiss sells rear drop springs...

jrm81bu said:
Nice! They look much better. Now you need to update the pics in your sig.

DONE!!! :rofl:

VERY NICE! ive always loved the look of 5 stars on gbodys.

Nice looking car! I'm going to buy the same wheels but in 17x8 & 17x9 combination. I was just wondering how much space you have in the rear between the outside edge of the tire and the fender lip? My car is lowered 2", so I'm wondering if the 17x9 might be too wide.

Thanks.

Heavy85Cutty said:
Nice looking car! I'm going to buy the same wheels but in 17x8 & 17x9 combination. I was just wondering how much space you have in the rear between the outside edge of the tire and the fender lip? My car is lowered 2", so I'm wondering if the 17x9 might be too wide.

Thanks.

I am actually wishing I went with a 17x9 out back with either 4" or 4.5" backspacing. With the 255/45/17 tires, I easily have .5" - 1" clearance to the fender lip, they look like they are set too far in. I still love the look, just wish they set out further to give a better stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor