New to G-body cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Welcome, nice starting point. Atleast you know what headers fit even if they need replaced. What part of WV do you live in?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
But it has set for about 10 years and has collected up some nasty rust (mostly doors/trunk lid).
Looks like a good starting point, at least you don't have a vinyl top and the rust issues those cause to deal with.
I do like Nova's also, I have a had 3 in the past and my buddy has a 69' currently building a 632 BBC for it.

Reactions: 1 users

spicercars

Greasemonkey
Jan 7, 2019
Saginaw MN
Welcome to the forum from northern MN.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
welcome to the site,good to see dad and yourself keeping the car in the family like that.

Reactions: 1 users

Jorge1958

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2019
Columbia City Oregon
I had a 69 Nova ready to purchase. Deal fell through. Dad felt bad for me so sold me his ‘86 Monte. Has SS suspension and anti-sway bars. So I’m told. I am in process of getting it moved into my garage and start tearing into it. It has a 383 stroker my younger brother built. But it has set for about 10 years and has collected up some nasty rust (mostly doors/trunk lid). And seats and door panels have faded. So new to forum to gather info on the G-body. Excited to learn new things and get the ole street beast running the roads again. Thanks in advance!
Welcome aboard from Oregon. I have an 86 Monte SS as well. Mine is all original thought. 23,000 original miles. Black with T Tops. Burgundy buckets

DCarpenter19

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2019
welcome to the site,good to see dad and yourself keeping the car in the family like that.
That’s exactly why I chose this car for my project. I have fond memories of riding in dad’s 72 Nova, moms 69 Cutlass (with a 455). And mom used this car for a lot of her working career before she went on disability. She blew the 305 motor up in it on purpose because she didn’t like it. So my brother built the 383. He drove it for a couple of years. Now it’s my turn to fix it and give it some love. Plus I can’t wait to pull up to all these new muscle cars thumping with a carb and crazy raw horsepower, no traction control, at my hands and feet. Gonna be fun.

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Welcome aboard sir looks like a good project to start I've been trying to make some progress on my 84ss Monte Carlo. Good luck man and you definitely are in the best place to get info and learn a lot from a lot of good people here.from ky

DCarpenter19

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2019
Welcome aboard sir looks like a good project to start I've been trying to make some progress on my 84ss Monte Carlo. Good luck man and you definitely are in the best place to get info and learn a lot from a lot of good people here.from ky
Sweet! Thanks! I’m in Charleston, WV. What part of KY are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor