New to the GBody world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMinick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
dannyminick.com
Bought a 2011 Scion tC in June. Totaled it in August.

Discouraged from buying another new car, I decided to go the opposite and found a nice '79 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham on Craigslist. Clean machine. 97,000 miles, all original.

$1700. Stole it.

Question is: what taillight light bulbs work with this car? I am looking to buy LED tail lights and need a three or four digit code.

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    508.1 KB · Views: 549
Congratz on the purchase...My direct first car was a 81 cutlass just like yours had a sbc 305 , & headers. Fixed the motor and we had to retap a oil pressure sending unit that past owner cross-threaded...fix it crunk the motor and it locked over night...

I'm not sure about your lite question, but I'm assuming your asking about bulb numbers. Most old cars use 1157 for tail lite/ turn signal bulbs and 1156 for reverse lite. From the picture it looks like a good buy for $1700.

Nice find, I found my 83 on craigslists listed for $2200 I talked him down to $1800 just hit 43000 on the dash yesterday.

dave1978 said:
I'm not sure about your lite question, but I'm assuming your asking about bulb numbers. Most old cars use 1157 for tail lite/ turn signal bulbs and 1156 for reverse lite. From the picture it looks like a good buy for $1700.

Those were the numbers I needed! Thank you sir! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor