new to these cars, gauge cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach1985

n00b
Jul 5, 2014
Hey just bought a 1985 monte carlo. Love this car, runs great. My issues are the driver glass is gone , gauge cluster is gone, and needs new seats/carpet. My question for you guys is where does everyone get there parts? And what vehicles interchange with mine?

Thanks for any help

zach

diablosnookems

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2014
There are two G-Body Chevy cluster types-the rectangular speedo and the round gauges. Your car could only have the round gauges, although you can physically screw in th rec speedo cluster and hook up your speedo cable. `84-88 Monte and El Camino that had the same options (tach or no tach, warning lights or oil, coolant, volt gauge) is the only type that will screw onto your dash and function without mods, and look right. `78-83 round clusters with the same options will fit and function, but not look correct. All others will fit with wiring mods to accomodate what they are. The only source for a stock cluster is a scrap vehicle at the junkyard or someone selling this part privately. There are aftermarket gauge panels made by people like Covan's Classics and others that will accomadate aftermarket gauges and could be the way to get exactly what you want for options. An aftermarket panel needs to be custom wired, which shouldn't be a big deal.

diablosnookems

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 7, 2014
Any resto outfit can get you carpet for your car. Seats can come from a scrap car, or there are aftermarket seats that will need custom brackets to install (some of the companies have brackets). Keep in mind that depending on what seats your car was built with, you may not be able to install buckets or a split bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor