New toy 1981 Indy 500 pace car

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Thank you! Hopefully after the first of the year I can start diving into the 82 GN more heavily

I can't remember exactly where you going to LS Swap it or keep the orig motor, I would still even if you do Swap it, Put the old Drivetrain on a pallet. That was my mistake with my car. Spent 3 yrs lookin for another Buick V6 alone. The hard to find early ones 78-81 Blue Block N/A

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
I can't remember exactly where you going to LS Swap it or keep the orig motor, I would still even if you do Swap it, Put the old Drivetrain on a pallet. That was my mistake with my car. Spent 3 yrs lookin for another Buick V6 alone. The hard to find early ones 78-81 Blue Block N/A

I have a 78-81 on a pallet in my garage alongside a gm reman. I don’t have the original engine or transmission so I plan on doing a 86-87 intercooled swap. I am not interested in a v8 swap

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
I have a 78-81 on a pallet in my garage alongside a gm reman. I don’t have the original engine or transmission so I plan on doing a 86-87 intercooled swap. I am not interested in a v8 swap

Same here hence why I looked 3yrs to find one here in Michigan! Still have another one that's 54k complete to buy in Ohio From a friend.
It's in a Pontiac too! ;) Tryin to find a Fan Shroud but no luck...

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Same here hence why I looked 3yrs to find one here in Michigan! Still have another one that's 54k complete to buy in Ohio From a friend.
It's in a Pontiac too! ;) Tryin to find a Fan Shroud but no luck...

I may can help you out with a shroud there was a v6 regal in the junkyard about 30 minutes from my house. I need to go back and look at the block codes as I will pull it if it’s a 109 block

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
I may can help you out with a shroud there was a v6 regal in the junkyard about 30 minutes from my house. I need to go back and look at the block codes as I will pull it if it’s a 109 block

Gotcha, I still need to find my Block Codes, The Guy who I bought the motor from said it was a Vin "2" Eng (Cali Emissions) which I talked to Corey Charlton on FB and he said the Vin option "2" Engine where NOT available in 1981 only 1979, which is the year of my LeMans But I already know it's a Vin "A" Eng & Car.

The One In Ohio is indeed a Vin "A" Car with the Old Style Th200 transmission, Which is what I wanted in the first place. 10hrRound trip tho, I just need to find a good time & date.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Gotcha, I still need to find my Block Codes, The Guy who I bought the motor from said it was a Vin "2" Eng (Cali Emissions) which I talked to Corey Charlton on FB and he said the Vin option "2" Engine where NOT available in 1981 only 1979, which is the year of my LeMans But I already know it's a Vin "A" Eng & Car.

The One In Ohio is indeed a Vin "A" Car with the Old Style Th200 transmission, Which is what I wanted in the first place. 10hrRound trip tho, I just need to find a good time & date.
Understand what you mean I pulled a 16 hr round trip to get the 82 out of Tennessee that was a long drive. I’ll let you know on the shroud

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Understand what you mean I pulled a 16 hr round trip to get the 82 out of Tennessee that was a long drive. I’ll let you know on the shroud
Damn, that's crazy. haha... Yeah man just PM me lmk.
I saw Only 1 on eBay but it was in like Used - mint cond. $300 😮😮

Oh and I have my orig one from my car, but I think it got cracked up a bit and smashed from all the yrs of storing it along with my heavy *ss square body parts ontop of it.

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Damn, that's crazy. haha... Yeah man just PM me lmk.
I saw Only 1 on eBay but it was in like Used - mint cond. $300 😮😮

Oh and I have my orig one from my car, but I think it got cracked up a bit and smashed from all the yrs of storing it along with my heavy *ss square body parts ontop of it.

300 bucks wow that’s crazy money for a shroud I’ll see what I can come up with

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor