New vic jr Intake installation question - 23 degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
Yes all stock SBC are 23 degree, not likely to see anyone one running the 18,15,12, or even 9 degree stuff on the street. Without a pic of your head I would question the port alignment on a raised runner intake to the head. Might want to find the casting number on the head and give the tech guys at Edelbrock a call they will know

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
For a mostly stock motor a victor jr is overkill. Rpm or rpm airgap might be a better intake for you. Just my 2cents.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Although it might fit and bolt up to your heads you don't want to use it. It's a single plane with a large runner designed to run @ 3500 rpm and up. It will kill your bottom end power and milage.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
And like someone mentioned before. The runners arent foing to line up at all. I believe the vic jr uses the 1206 gasket

classic_man

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks guys...I appreciate all the advice. I'll look at some alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor