New Wagon owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
Just picked up a wagon on the 16th, and I'm psyched to get started on fixin it up. Unfortunately, I have to finish putting my current DD back together before I do anything on the Wagon. I had a few questions right off the bat though. 1) Whats the best way to drop these cars a few inches? I just want a few inches, more for looks right now than anything. Im thinking spindles, springs, or maybe both?(Oh, and I want to keep a nice ride in it as it will be my new daily driver) Also, is there a place to get interior parts for the wagons? I've seen 4 door parts for sale, but I'm looking to get Interior molding/trim along the very back window, as mine is pretty faded.
Here are some pics just to show you my starting point.
It has the 3.8 in it with 115,000 on the ticker
DSC00620.jpg

Tires are 295s!
DSC00623.jpg

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
awesome wagon! i am very jealous. as for parts i am no help to you. but welcome to the site!

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
air ride would be a really cool option to drop it a few inches

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks nice! I love wagons (I have two).
If it were up to me I'd leave it the stock ride height...
As for your trim parts, I think you're stuck with either trying to score original parts that are slightly nicer than yours, or re-doing your parts.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
The best way to drop it as a DD would be to invest in drop spindles up front, and springs in the rear. Bell tech has made these parts for years and are a good source.

Also, I believe the S-10 shares the spindle design, so these are easy to come by. I'd double check the part numbers, but I believe they match.

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
any particular years on the S10s? And I was afraid of that about the interior. It sucks though, because the pieces I need are specific to Wagons. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor