New Wheels and parts! (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Here is the best I can do as far as a full pick. The car is in a spot where I can work on it and it's kinda tight. As you mentioned beermonkey, I have almost no chrome on this car except for door handles and exhaust tips. So I'm thinking it takes away from the look I had going for it. This is the whole acquilies heel to this car is choosing rims is the worst part.

100_2670.jpg

Attachments

• Tube.jpg
    Tube.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 98

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
I know what your ole man is saying about the period correct but they still seem to work on the Malibu. For some reason I have never liked these on the other gbodys except for maybe the ElCamino. I do not think its too much chrome on the wheel or that it does not fit the theme or car. I think they look better than what you have had probably in part because of the size & white letter tires.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I like the rallys better. Are they all painted red already? if not, throw a black one on and lose the beauty ring. I bet that will look really good. And if you like the white letters, that would work too. But those rings are just too much. Same with the red on them. Your car looks good red with the black accents. But it's just to damn red on the sides. With the rims black I think it would accent very nicely.

I in my opinion (and don't take it too seriously lol) those irok wheels are the worst part about your car. It doesn't matter if you have them painted up (it looks like a good jod BTW, but just doesn't suit your car), they just look out of place.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
the best thing i can say, is do what ya want its YOUR car.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
The rims are not painted red, I just took a can of left over red caliper paint and shot that one to get an idea. The other Idea is to paint the rims gunmetal gray (just like the stripes).

As for opinions on the iroc's, I get a mixed bag of people who like'em because of the unique paint and other's that just don't like'em. I think once I add on the ss spoiler on the front which will give the car a bigger face instead of that gap below the bumper, and try out the A body springs in the rear to lower the car and give it and even ride all around instead of a rake, the iroc's might look better.

I'm not taking offense from you guy's opinions. Trust me, I really need them concerning these wheels. I've never had such a hard time making up my mind on putting something on this car.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
what if you got rid of the trim ring and swaped out the center cap with more of a dog dish one, OR get the center caps from an old police car and paint em.
impalactr.JPG
like these

stenberg83

Apprentice
Apr 2, 2010
Charlotte, Michigan
I think you should paint one gunmetal and show us pics with and without the rings and caps on em. I think the red stood out to much although they did look good... But i agree that black/gunmetal accents this car beautifully and your car needs dark colored wheels.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
How much did you tell your Dad you paid for them? Technically you haven't paid me yet, so if he gives you any grief, just tell him you got them for free :lol: I have always had a soft spot for the rallys, so my vote is for the rally wheels. I like what you got going on with them, I even like the red. If you do use the rallys with your tires, I agree about lowering the rear a little though. Those 255/ 65?'s really fill your wheel wells nice with the springs you have now.

cutlass85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2009
i say go with the gun mettal grey loose the beauty ring but keep the center cap if you want some red in it then paint the words in it red

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor