New Wheels and parts! (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I told him I paid 50 for them. His friend drove a 68' camaro back in the day with the same wheels and he says he likes them. I'm gonna end up using the tires on the irocs for a while because they are still brand new just about. I'm running 215/60R15 tires on the irocs, which might be why I don't like them now is because they just don't fill the wheel wells. I was going for a low profile tire look but it has actually come back to bite me. The 255's definately fill my rear fender wells much nicer, and the ralley's look like they're 8 inches wide but that might be the larger tire fooling me.

As you mentioned John, I haven't gotten the chance yet to put in those A body springs to see the lowering effect, but my worry is those tires on the ralley's are already rubbing against the frame rail in the rear. I haven't tried them on the front yet to check clearances. I thought everyone was able to fit 255's in the rear?

I've been spending most of tonight finishing up the welding on my floors. I decided to replace all the floor boards with donors from that cutlass I mentioned in a previous post. I'll be up late until probably early morning working on the car so we'll see how far I get. I was hoping to get the floor finished and finish building that cowl extension from where I ripped that air box out.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Did you use those spacers I gave you? I would measure the back spacing on the 245's vs the 255's. If the back spacing is the same, then maybe try the 245's. I can't remember if the spacers were on the front or back when I had those wheels on my bu when I bought it. You might have to go to 235's after you lower it.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I put the spacer on and they were still at max an 1/8 or 1/4 inch away from the frame rail. I don't know how you got them to fit on your car but they are tight in there.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
And that was before I rebuilt the suspension or replaced what was left of my body bushings/mounts.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Well this weekend I'm spending most of my time welding, grinding, and fabbing up the floors and I haven't even got to the cowl piece under the hood. So testing out those springs is gonna be a while, so I'm putting the ralley's and spoiler in the shed until I can get the repairs finished on the floor boards. Almost done, just gotta cut out and weld in the passenger front and I'll be done. Made a mess earlier when I used fiberglass resin to seal up the welds and didn't use enough hardener :blam: .

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I think you should go with the red wheels and keep the chrome ring and cap. Of course, you could paint the ring and cap gunmetal if you think the chrome too much. I've always preferred steel wheels and chrome trim. It's your car, do what makes you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor