New wheels finally on the car..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The OEM Camaro tires are way too tall, but as posted above, a 245/45-18 tire is about spot on for looks, and within a half-inch of the OEM G-body diameter. [I found a matched set of 235/45-18 on Craigslist - these are almost an exact match to the 26.1" OEM diameter.] The 18" rims (steel and aluminum) are only 7-1/2" wide, but that may be about right to avoid body or frame mods. Locally, I've seen sets of the steelies go for $200 and aluminums for $300 - $500. The main benefit is that you can get into a 13" Corvette rotor no problem (others will tell us if 14" will fit).

By the way, have you seen the selection and availability of 14" and 15" tires lately?

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
Totally agree that tire selection for 15s suck. Main reason I ended up with 18s although I tried to stay close to factory O.D.

If you go down to my pictures on the bottom you can see how small the sidewall is on a 40 series tire in 18.
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/fng-from-milwaukee.51025/

I forgot to add those pictures were taken on stock low milage f41 suspension.
I have since lowered the front 2inches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor