Newb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yes texas heat blows lol we had a "cool front" move in early in the week and it dropped the temps to 96-98 lol and we have above 80% humidity everyday it sucks :roll:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I know what you mean about the winters. I lived in down in wells, maine for about 9 months when they experienced one of their worst winters on record. I'm used to southern weather and have never lived any farther that virginia. Man does it suck trying to dig out your car when its covered in 8 feet of snow and negative 30 degrees outside. Couldn't turn a bloody wrench for god sake. So I ended up building the motor in the basement instead of trying to freeze to death.

When I was in maine though, the first week when my car was driveable, before the red paint job, I had 8 squad cars pull me over just to ask why I had the #55 on my antique plates. Turns out to be the county number in mississippi where I registered the car. I couldn't even drive along the beach more than twice in an hour cause they threatened to write me a $500 ticket for some law put into place to limit cruising and exhibition of speed. Being in the New England states sucks for hot rodders, but I'm not sure about the other northern states.

bobcat

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
The car is mine! It's parked in a storage lot til I can sell the Celi....anyone know of anybody into old-school imports? The GP has to stay there for now due to space concerns, and it's better than parking it on the street. I'll get some more pics soon.

Even though my other car would own the Pontiac, I'm pretty excited about driving it and working out a plan for the upgrades. I have a lot to read up on, but the general plan is in place. I need to learn about suspension and brake upgrades first, since that's where I'm gonna start, with 600hp in mind. (No point in doing it twice :) ) Next up will be driveline, and finding a serviceable LM7.

1986elcamino383

Apprentice
Jun 29, 2009
South River NJ
very nice and clean car good luck

bobcat

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I'm starting to get the gears from my Toyota buddies.....I'm kind of a man without a country. :lol: They will all want to ride in it though......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor